Assistant Business Manager – Anchorage AKAlaska Clean Seas
Alaska Clean Seas is seeking to employ an Assistant Business Manager for our Anchorage business office. The successful candidate will work under the general direction of the Vice President/Business Manager, this position’s primary responsibility is to support and coordinate business and financial functions. This position has primary responsibility for supporting, implementing, reporting, and managing financial related activities.
This is a senior level corporate position with company-wide accountabilities for delivering financial information, long and short-term strategic planning, benchmarking and management reporting. Assist in the management of corporate and external business relationships. Develop and report on financial matters. Assists in the preparation of the budget and long-term financial planning. Oversee financial audits and internal assessments. Attend and participate at Board of Director meetings. Support standing committee meetings and other ad-hoc committee meetings as necessary. Assist in the management and development of organizational strategy for the Business Department and ACS. Initiate performance feedback sessions with Business Department staff, providing input and constructive feedback on personal job performance as appropriate and informally. Initiate Plan of Action to correct deficiencies or a Corrective Action as needed. Review and approved Individual Development Plans as requested by employees. Conducting activities in a safe manner and in compliance with all guidelines, policies, procedures and protocols established by ACS are conditions of employment. This is an Anchorage assigned position, working a normal M-F urban, 9/80 Flex Schedule available. Company drug & alcohol testing policies apply.
Excellent pay and benefits including vacation, sick leave; medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; 401(k) and pension; significant portion of benefits paid by employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field plus minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years management/supervisory experience.
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office Suite.
- Analytical skills demonstrating the ability to identify subject matter requiring research, followed by conducting research and presenting in a professional manner.
- Excellence in leadership and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive employee morale.
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills.
- Clearly read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- CPA, CMA, MBA, or graduate-level education preferred.
- Experience in contract negotiations and/or contract management.
- Experience with a variety of financial software applications.
- Experience with the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Knowledge of Alaska and North Slope oil industry background and operations.