Procurement Specialist IV (Anchorage)Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Coordinates the requisition and purchase of supplies and services on behalf of the Corporation
- This position is an advanced job class, requiring the ability to work independently, provide detailed peer review of other Procurement staff work, exercise sound judgment, and to assist the Procurement Manager, and other Procurement staff with a wide range of procurement activities
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Responsible for purchasing a wide variety of materials, supplies and professional services to be utilized by professional and technical AHFC staff located throughout the State of Alaska. Purchasing activity includes preparation of technically complex bid specifications, ITB, RFP, and contractual documents.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Non-exempt, non-supervisory position.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares requisitions and bid specifications, informal and formal bid proposals, professional services solicitations; purchases equipment, services, and supplies in conformance with applicable procurement code, regulations, and Corporate guidelines
- Conducts appropriate research, makes recommendations regarding procurement alternatives, cost-effectiveness, and utilization of contracted and non-contracted items
- Solicits and awards bids within delegated limits of authority
- In conjunction with the Procurement Manager and the Director of Administrative Services, facilitates Professional Service solicitations, including interacting with the requesting department to develop solicitation verbiage, preparing and placing public notice advertisements, supervising the solicitation process, coordinating evaluation and award, maintaining appropriate Corporate records
- Provides preliminary peer review of all solicitation documents, contract amendments, change orders and other Procurement correspondence prepared by other procurement staff prior to final review by the Procurement Manager and Chief Procurement Officer.
- Reviews justifications for sole source and other limited procurement requests; prepares sole-source documentation
- Conducts pre-bid conferences, pre-proposal conferences, and public bid openings
- Establishes and maintains goals to assure timely "turnaround" of all procurement transactions
- Assists the Procurement Manager with the preparation of a variety of management reports which document department productivity, including turnaround times
- Serves as liaison with Corporation staff regarding procurement needs to assure collaborative, cooperative, and effective interaction between Procurement and all other departments within the Corporation
- Together with the Procurement Manager, establishes and maintains a good working relationship with local and regional HUD personnel
- Receives and analyzes proposals, evaluates technical submittals, determines if the submittal is/is not responsive to and in conformance with the solicitation documents
- Completes complex cost or price proposal analyses; reviews cost breakdowns, establishes a competitive range for negotiations based on cost or price analysis. Performs advanced mathematical calculations, prepares Excel spreadsheets and graphs
- Depending upon the sourcing methodology utilized, coordinates the activities of a technical evaluation committee or proposal evaluation committee. Oversees the evaluation process.
- Manages questions, prepares all documents associated with the evaluation process
- Coordinates and chairs meetings involving discussions and negotiations with contractors, suppliers
- Monitors prevailing wage requirements under Federal, State, and local laws
- May coordinate and/or personally conduct training sessions for department staff and other AHFC departments, contractors, suppliers; to ensure all parties are aware of current AHFC procurement processes.
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: Applicable procurement code, regulations, and Corporate guidelines; contract law, procedures for obtaining supplies and services, business and industry practices and trends, applicable building codes, sources of supply and cost factors, and contract administration procedures.
Skills and Abilities: Proficient with the use of mainframe computer systems, facsimile, and telecommunications systems. Must possess excellent communications skills, both verbally and in written form, and be familiar with both data entry and retrieval. Interpersonal skills will be utilized on a daily basis through interaction with a diverse cross-section of people and organizations.
Abilities: Prioritize and productively manage time to ensure compliance with numerous deadlines, work effectively under pressure, function with a high degree of independence, comprehend written material, interpret and apply rules, regulations, codes; gather and analyze large amounts of data. Must be able to work with minimum supervision and continual interruption, and possess the ability to clearly and accurately provide direction and instructions to others.
- Bachelor’s degree an accredited college with emphasis in Business Administration or related field and three years of progressive public contracting or public procurement experience
- Past experience with the State of Alaska or other governmental agency, and/or procurement-related college courses will be viewed favorably
- Microsoft Office and experience with database management is required.
Substitution: Additional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
This is a Grade 17/18 position (depending on experience) with an annual salary of $55,023.06 - $59,220.00 (depending on experience) (26 pay periods). Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and leave package.
All external applicants tentatively selected for this position shall be required to submit to urinalysis and breath alcohol testing to screen for illegal drug/alcohol use prior to appointment.
AHFC provides employment opportunities to low and very-low-income persons, in compliance with Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968. Public Housing Residents are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer