Procurement Specialist - Buyer
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company is recruiting for a capable, energetic, experienced
in Anchorage, Alaska
Alyeska offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including:
competitive salary with incentive pay, 401(k) match, company pension,
generous paid leave, and comprehensive health care options.
Accountabilities and Specific Requirements:
Under general direction of the Purchasing Supervisor the Procurement Specialist is accountable for the following:
- Purchasing engineered and non-engineered materials and equipment in support of all areas, companywide (i.e. warehouse, operations, maintenance etc.) for the Pipeline, Valdez and SERVS
- Leading the competitive bidding process including drafting procurement language, preparing bid packages, obtaining bids, performing evaluations (leading a cross-functional evaluation teams), and preparing award recommendations & execute purchase order agreements
- Developing and implementing formal procurement strategies depending on purchase value
- Coordinating and leading negotiations for material orders
- Serving as a liaison between Alyeska and material requesters, engineering, suppliers, and manufacturers.
- Advising and coaching across the organization during procurement negotiations, implementation, dispute resolution, through closure of purchase orders
- Completing the Purchase Order commercial transaction to closure, including order expediting and documentation of PO files
- Identifying and evaluating procurement efficiencies and improvements
- Proficient in managing multiple projects and priorities with the ability to react quickly to changes in priorities, scope and/or timelines
- Ability to analyze issues, identify business impacts, legal implications and provide recommendations on strategy / approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals and groups to build value-based relationships and drive results
- Applicants must meet or exceed these minimum job requirements to apply for this position.
- Associate Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Law Studies, or other related discipline
- Two (2) years of related experience in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Law, or other related discipline
- Strong knowledge of commercial procurement practices and principles
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced user in Microsoft desktop productivity tools, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience with ERP or related systems
Work experience above the minimum may be considered as a substitute for all or part of the formal educational requirements.
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that values diversity in a drug and alcohol-free workplace.