AVCP REGIONAL HOUSING AUTHORITY
Closes April 28, 2023
The President/CEO is responsible for directing, managing and planning various programs and general day-to-day operations of AVCP RHA, as directed by the AVCP RHA Board of Commissioners (“Board”). The President/CEO supervises and/or delegates supervision of all housing authority employees, and is responsible for the housing authority and staff performance. Supervision by the President/CEO is a responsibility that covers all management level positions, unless the Board has specifically exempted a position from this requirement in writing.
Unless otherwise specified by the Board, the President/CEO shall also act as the President/CEO of AVCP Development Corporation.
The President/CEO is selected and directly supervised by the AVCP RHA Board and is subject to the Bylaws of the AVCP Regional Housing Authority and the Bylaws of the AVCP Development Corporation.
Duties of the President/CEO include, but are not limited to:
1. Represent AVCP RHA and AVCP Development Corporation while developing and maintaining strong, positive relationships with state, federal and local governments, public agencies, village governments, home buyers and tenant groups, their representatives and the general public;
2. Direct, manage, plan and supervise projects and activities of AVCP RHA and AVCP Development Corporation, including but not limited to, administration, preparation and execution of annual budgets and contracts, overseeing home site selection and negotiations, development, performance, construction, consultation, financial audits and litigation matters associated with these projects and activities;
3. Overseeing the creation and implementation of policies and procedures applicable to AVCP RHA and AVCP Development Corporation, to include procurement, occupancy, admissions and personnel;
4. Maintain compliance with all federal and state housing requirements and advise the Board on matters concerning policy and decision-making criteria mandated under applicable state, federal, HUD and NAHASDA guidelines, which establish the programs and goals applicable to AVCP RHA and AVCP Development Corporation;
5. Supervise and manage the systematic and orderly process of annual inspections and conveyance of AVCP RHA owned Mutual Help, HUD and NAHASDA homes for participants who have successfully satisfied the terms outlined in their respective home buyer program;
6. As a lead liaison of AVCP RHA and AVCP Development Corporation, consult with counsel and local residents concerning new, existing and proposed projects, to include supervising negotiations necessary to secure home sites within regional villages;
7. Other duties as necessary or as assigned by the Board of Commissioners.
Required knowledge, Ability and Skills:
1. Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in administrative or management positions;
2. Four (4)-year college degree or equivalent specialty training in the area(s) relevant to construction and government regulated housing programs;
3. Knowledge of procurement and supply chain distribution within rural Alaska or areas comparable to the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta Region, as well as new construction building, housing maintenance and contract administration;
4. Knowledge of rural Alaska villages and associated village governments in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta or comparable experience;
5. Ability to travel in rural Alaska, as needed, in order to act as AVCP RHA and AVCP Development Corporation’s representative within the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta Region villages, as well as throughout the State of Alaska;
6. Knowledge of federal authority governing Indian Housing Programs, to include HUD and NAHASDA regulations and guidelines;
7. Ability to effectively communicate, in person and via telephone/video conferencing, when acting as a liaison with village residents and representatives, local, state and federal governments, and the public; and
8. Ability to obtain and maintain necessary certifications, including the Indian Housing Management certification.
Salary: Salary is determined by the Board of Commissioners.