Customer Service Representative (Multiple Positions Available)
Chugach Electric Association is recruiting for a Customer Service Representative(CSR). This is a regular full time position.
The CSR position will interact with customers via phone and in person by responding to consumer requests, receiving payments, creating connect/disconnect orders and other services as requested.
- Processes, in person and by telephone, member service requests such as connect and disconnect orders.
- Answers telephone and correspondence inquiries by members.
- Maintains customer information system by gathering and updating active member account information.
- Operates the switchboard and acts as a receptionist to direct callers and visitors when needed.
- Operates the meter reading and billing interface, reviews applicable reports and intitiates action as needed.
- Receives and processes consumer payments made in person or by mail.
- Researches and completes general requests from members regarding payments, refunds and capital credits.
- Reviews, researches, resolves and provides answers to general billing inquiries including billing adjustments and billing corrections.
- Performs the duties of lower classifications as assigned.
- Cross-trains with other Member Service Representatives as assigned.
- Work is conducted in a standard office environment. Some overtime may be required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of basic office technologies including 10 key calculators with accuracy, copiers, fax machines and telephones.
- Prior office experience with public contact is preferred. Some computer training is desired.
- Required to type 35 net words per minute. Please Note: Only Employer administered typing tests or a job center typing test (ACT WorkKeys Skill Assessment) will be acceptable as proof of the required 35 net words per minute. Typing test results must be current within the immediately previous one-year period. Please upload a copy of your typing test results (along with your resume).
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Must have good communication skills and a service oriented attitude.
This position is subject to the terms and conditions of the Office & Engineering Personnel Agreement between Chugach Electric Association, Inc., and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1547.