Records and Information Manager
Under the direction of the Deputy Director, the Records & Information Manager is responsible for the organization’s records & information management. Responsibilities include organizing and standardizing Chugachmiut’s records and information management program, including entering inventory, records retention information, and updates into electronic records management database(s) and disposal. The position operates and maintains Central Records for accurate and timely reference, retrieval, and disposal activities. The position also directly manages and supervises Reception and provides direct oversight and supervision of the Administrative Assistant.
- Coordinates staff and equipment resources to efficiently use information throughout the organization.
- Inputs information into the proper database software. Prepares labels and folders for inclusion into Chugachmiut Central Records or assists with digitizing records.
- Assists departments in understanding and complying with company file plans and records series.
- Supports organization-wide records retention efforts regardless of the type of media storage. Works with management to ensure retention schedule complies with regulations, statutes, division needs, and other criteria.
- Performs specific database queries and reports. Locates information requested for staff, audits, and litigation.
- Receives and processes records for transfer to inactive storage.
- Files, retrieves, and distributes records as requested for users and maintains an accurate chain of custody and confidentiality: Re-files records, files, and storage containers.
- Follows up with users on records that are checked out.
- Maintains daily activity statistics and provides information to direct supervisor as requested.
- Ensures implementation of the retention policy.
- Keeps up-to-date on issues related to records management through literature review, specialized courses, and participation in professional organizations.
- Ensures adequate supplies are maintained for Central Records, Reception, and breakrooms/kitchens.
- Supervises and provides occasional backup support for the Receptionist and Admin Assistant.
- Maintains photographs for files.
- Conforms to safety policies and general housekeeping practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Demonstrates sound work ethic, flexibility, and dedication to the position.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and respect and possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity toward clients and co-workers.
- Keeps customer service and the organization’s mission in mind when interacting with all clients, co-workers, and others.
- Expected to be prepared to start shift on time, meet attendance standards, and work the hours necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Employees are expected to embrace, support, and promote the core values of respect, integrity, trust, compassion, and quality, which align with Chugachmiut’s Mission and Vision through their actions and interactions with all patients, staff, and others.
- Conforms to Chugachmiut policies, strict employee confidentiality, and HIPAA regulations.
- May volunteer as time allows on the Chugachmiut events planning committee and decoration committee for the annual employee Christmas party, children’s Christmas party, annual employee picnic, and other events as indicated.
- Performs other duties as assigned ore required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Records Management or a related field is preferred but must work towards a bachelor’s degree as outlined in a professional development plan.
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience with records management
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of records databases, file coding, filing systems, and indexing.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of multi-line telephone systems operation.
- Knowledge of using scanners to digitize paper documents.
- Knowledge of photography and photo editing for photo retention.
- Skill in organization, problem-solving, priority setting, and deadline accomplishment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Publisher, PDF, and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and tasks.
- Ability to produce a variety of assigned tasks operating standard office equipment.
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively in writing, in person, and using various media.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with one hour for lunch. Chugachmiut maintains a drug and alcohol-free and non-smoking work environment.