Servicing Coordinator I/IIConfidential
Position Summary: This advanced level position assists in the administration of the Corporation’s Mortgage Servicing activities performing a variety of assignments related to loan servicing, including but not limited to, managing all cash remittances of mortgage funds, reporting of collection activity and reconciliation, and management of the Direct Servicing Loan Portfolios.
Reports to: Servicing Officer
This position coordinates with the Corporation’s Lending and Servicing Partners and with AHFC’s internal Accounting and Finance Departments regarding the activities of loan purchasing, reporting/reconciliation of monthly transactions, general loan servicing, loss mitigation and foreclosure activities, payoff of the mortgage loan, and REO disposal
Supervision Received and Exercised: Non-exempt, non-supervisory position.
Examples of Duties
- Provides ongoing technical support for mortgage software applications to department staff in Mortgage Servicing, Mortgage Operations, Accounting and Finance Departments.
- Recommends changes to mortgage servicing policies and procedures, coordinates, and provides training of staff.
- Identifies and analyzes risk to the corporation. Recommends alternatives by developing and implementing internal controls to avoid or reduce risk.
- Coordinates, automates, and streamlines the work processes of mortgage servicing functions and establishes productivity and performance standards for staff to increase the operational efficiency of the department.
- Assists in the development of strategies and goals in order to support mission, vision, and fundamental core department policies.
- Plans, organizes, and directs special projects; monitors status to ensure timely completion.
- Develops, implements, and maintains desktop manuals, policies, and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and trains staff on new workflow processes and procedures. Provides ongoing oversight and direction on each of these functions.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with Lending and Servicing Partners. Provides training to new and established Servicing Partners. May be required to travel to other locations for training.
- Directs mortgage servicing activities with Servicing Partners and monitors servicers to insure compliance with servicing contractual terms and Servicers' Guide provisions.
- Monitor and resolve problems that affect borrowers, government regulatory agencies and private insurance agencies.
- Chairs committee meetings as directed by management.
- Prepares monthly reports to provide to senior management.
- May assist in the interview process and provide feedback on employee evaluations.
- Serves as back up to the Servicing Officer during periods of absence to oversee job responsibilities within prescribed limits.
- May supervise department staff on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: In-depth knowledge of Mortgage Servicing including mathematical calculations pertaining to mortgages and loan servicing transactions. Must be knowledgeable of the full mortgage process, including Originations, mortgage loans and Accounting; State and Federal laws and regulations affecting Mortgage Originations, Secondary Marketing and Mortgage Servicing including regulations of the Federal Agencies (FHA, VA, USDA-RD, HUD-184) regarding Mortgages.
Skills and Abilities: Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Word; ten-key by touch; experienced in using generally accepted accounting theories, principals, methods, practices and terminology; and possess strong organizational skills.
Ability to: This position must have the ability to develop statistical charts and reports; analyze detailed transactions to ascertain discrepancies or inaccuracies in the data and make adjustments and/or recommendations; analyze data and operations in terms of management controls, systems, and procedures; and implementation of change. Must have the ability to analyze unique complex situations, make recommendations, and present information in a clear and precise format; comprehend and analyze State and Federal agency regulations; reason logically and accurately; and write queries to produce Management and ‘Ad-Hoc’ reports; establish and maintain effective relationships with Lenders and Servicing Partners, Government Agencies, Vendors, and other AHFC departments. Other abilities required are effective oral and written communication skills for working with individuals with a wide variety of mortgage backgrounds and expertise; planning and organizing the work of others; and work independently with minimal supervision.
Servicing Coordinator I: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or business administration and three years progressively responsible Loan Servicing experience.
Servicing Coordinator II: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or business administration and six years progressively responsible Loan Servicing experience.
Substitution: Advanced level Loan Servicing experience, such as a Servicing Coordinator, may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
This is a Grade 18/19 position (Depends on experience) with an annual salary DOE (26 pay periods). Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and leave package.
All external applicants tentatively selected for this position shall be required to submit to urinalysis and breath alcohol testing to screen for illegal drug/alcohol use prior to appointment.
AHFC provides employment opportunities to low and very-low-income persons, in compliance with Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968. Public Housing Residents are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer