Home Hemodialysis Registered Nurs
Denali Dialysis & Liberty Dialysis is dediated to providing superior care for patients with kidney disease. We strive to achieve both outstanding quality outcomes for our patients, and a rewarding career experience for our care-givers, all in an atmosphere of compassion, professionalism, empathy and respect. We commit ourselves to the philosophy that optimal care is attained through the (i) application of continuous quality improvement, (ii) investment in staff, (iii) education of patients, family, and the community at large, and (iv) advanced technology.
Liberty Dialysis Home Program is actively seeking a Home Hemodialysis Registered Nurse who can develop, teach, and evaluate effective delivery of home patient care and compliance with clinical policies and procedures.
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Educates/trains patients on PD (CAPD /CCPD) and home hemodialysis
- Coordinates with multidisciplinary team members in the coordination of patient care at home.
- Meets and evaluates perspective new home patients and explain modality options and home dialysis requirements.
- Is a liaison between the patient, the supply company, PCP, and Transplant to ensure continuity of care.
- Becomes proficient in the understanding and documentation of dialysis equipment and water quality in the home.
- Participates in care plan meetings, charting to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Interacts with patients and their families to provide instruction and assess daily patient care needs and communicates patient needs to direct supervisor/physician.
- Participates in patient office visits with physician. Accurately receives and implements new physician orders.
- Schedules, obtains, reviews, and communicates results of tests to physician. Relays order changes to patient and caregiver.
- Completes required clinic records including occurrence reports, CQI projects, primary nurse duties.
- Completes daily computer entry and reporting requirements.
- Completes and attends required educational programs.
*Please note that this is not an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities of the postion.
- Graduated from an accredited Registered Nurse program with current Alaska license or ability to obtain.
- 1 year of nursing experience required.
- Dialysis experience preferred.
- BCLS and ACLS certification preferred.
- Leadership ability and organizational skills.
- Computer software knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and implement government standards.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Frequent long periods of standing, bending, stooping, walking, sitting.
- The ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Occasional travel by airplane may be required.
- Flexibility to travel between clinics and patients homes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
What we can offer:
- Competitive compensation plans.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, generous paid-time off and a 401k Retirement Plan with company match