Legal Assistant #3426
Job #3426 – Anchorage
Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant in our Trial department for our Anchorage office. As a valued team member, you will provide legal administrative support in a fast-paced environment to attorneys and paralegals. Are you a strong communicator? Do you deftly handle multiple tasks simultaneously? If you enjoy working with clients from a variety of industries in a professional environment, then we would appreciate hearing from you.
In this role, you will:
- Proactively maintain overview of timekeepers' workload and caseload; anticipate next steps and implement follow-up procedures.
- Create, edit, revise, redline, and/or proofread documents from dictation, handwritten, typed, and/or electronic copy.
- Maintain timekeepers' calendars of meetings and business trips. Coordinate client/attorney/administrative conferences, meetings, and appointments for timekeepers and clients.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as necessary.
- File paper and electronic documents with appropriate courts and agencies and ensure proper procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
- Receive, screen, and transmit telephone and conference calls in a professional manner and take accurate telephone messages.
- Process and route incoming mail and electronic communications. Prepare outgoing mail (including boxes/packages for shipment).
- Coordinate preliminary conflicts checks. Prepare new client/matter intake forms and engagement letters and audit responses.
- Assist with billing process, including daily time entry. Prepare accounting documents as required, including check requests, expense and travel reimbursement requests, and trust documents.
What we’re looking for:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- At least 4 years of legal assistant experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong client service focus and skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a highly demanding environment with tight time frames.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Flexibility regarding work hours (overtime may be requested).
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.
Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners; a generous paid time off policy; retirement savings plan; profit sharing contribution; paid holidays; paid parental leave, paid volunteer day; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more! (Some benefits are subject to eligibility criteria).
Please note that Dorsey is not currently accepting search firm submissions in connection with this opening.