Staff Chef for Alaska Wilderness Lodge
Eleven Experience is expanding its operations into Alaska. We are seeking creative, passionate, flexible, collaborative team members who are willing to do what it takes to accomplish the tasks at hand. Learn more at www.elevenexperience.com.
The Staff Chef is in charge of planning and executing 3 meals per day for 20 staff members. Ideally has breakfast cookery experience. Must be clean, organized, and efficient.
This is a seasonal position. We will be on property from late May-September.
Responsible for reporting to CDC and learning about our unique Eleven Experience kitchen guidelines. Must be a strong team player, guest and service-oriented, positive, energetic, ambitious, motivated, hard- working, and have excellent communications skills. We have no tolerance for cooks or chefs that bring a temper, or big ego. Must be able to work long hours during rush periods and not be subject to burnout and moodiness. Must work well under pressure and be a team player.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Must embrace our “responsible business” ethics and run the lodge in as environmentally responsible a manner as possible including reducing, reusing and recycling.
· Always be in clean tidy uniforms and presentable to be in guest view.
· Use all food preparation equipment safely and correctly making sure that it is cleaned and maintained.
· Understand and permeate the place with a sense of the Eleven Experience Company Mission and Values.
· Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, staff and guests.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
· Ensure excellent quality throughout each dish served.
· Develop appropriate seasonal menu offerings
· Assists in planning and executing staff meals.
· Able to adjust the menu according to guest & staff dietary needs.
· Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
· Performs other duties as assigned.
About Eleven Experience
Our mission is to custom-make powerful experiences that impact the people who impact the world. Whether heliskiing near the Arctic Circle in Iceland or casting for bonefish on a remote island in the Bahamas, Eleven experiences are a different kind of escape. We are not found in traditional destinations. Our lodges, chalets and beach houses are miles from the main road - in a historic farming village high along the French-Italian border, on a rugged river in Patagonia, and in other unique locations away from the crowd. In each destination, world-class food and lodging are combined with guided outdoor activities on mountains, in the backcountry, and on the water for guests of all ages and all skill levels. In urban locations our guides gracefully introduce guests to local culture, knowledge and places known only to native insiders. No matter where in the world they may be, every facility has five-star accommodations, award-winning chefs, extensive wine cellars, saunas, steam rooms, spas, and friendly, expert guides who will show your clients new dimensions of life, friendship, family and adventure.