Temporary Safety Assistant
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The Temporary Safety Assistant performs diversified duties to support ENSTAR’s Safety and Health unit regarding regulatory and recordkeeping requirements.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Assist with monthly Safety Committee meetings.
• Maintaining necessary compliance records.
• Facilitate internal safety audits.
• Under the direction of the Safety Manager provide support to:
o Maintain databases to track safety and health training requirements for all employees and contractors.
o Assist with monthly reports.
o Coordinate required employee training.
o Maintain and update Safety and Health website.
o Under the direction of the Safety Manager, update program material and curriculum.
• Maintain and update Safety Department intranet website.
• Assist in compiling and reviewing monthly Safety Newsletters.
• May provide assistance to other program staff and handle other duties as assigned.
• Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
• Ability to manage multiple projects through completion.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Two or more years’ experience administering a training program. Work experience that included record-keeping responsibilities is preferred. Higher-level education may be substituted on a year for year basis.
• One or more years’ experience in the construction industry (preferred).
• Prior experience in the natural gas business and/or administering safety program-related training preferred.
• Must be able to pass federally required initial and continuous Operator Qualifications training.
• Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s License and be qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of the ENSTAR’s Driving Policy.
• Ability to pass a drug, background, past employment, and driving record screening.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as advanced Excel skills and database development and management skills. Ability to learn new software and database applications.
• Basic knowledge of occupational safety as it relates to construction or general industry.
• Ability to communicate in a clear manner orally and in written form.
• Ability to maintain records and to prepare periodic reports from such records.
Proven organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evaluate data, compile statistics and prepare reports, graphs, tables and charts.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
• Ability to analyze information and use sound judgment.
V. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and management.
- Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and the public through adherence to established safety standards and timely reporting of potential hazards. Must adhere to ENSTAR’s policies and procedures related to the code of business ethics, compliance, responsible use of assets, and all applicable state and federal laws.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Others duties may be assigned.