Social Media Manager
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Director of Communications
Explore Fairbanks Mission: “To be an economic driver in the Fairbanks region by marketing to potential visitors and optimizing the visitor experience.”
Position Summary: Promotes Fairbanks as a visitor destination through social media to local, statewide, national and international audiences. Proactively manages, creates and curates engaging content across multiple social media platforms. Assists with other marketing projects and tasks as assigned.
1. Manages all aspects of Explore Fairbanks’ social media channels by writing, editing, proofreading, posting and gathering content. Utilizes copy, images and video to produce and post high quality and engaging content.
2. Engages with followers across all social media platforms. Monitors comments, mentions and messages and responds in a timely manner, when appropriate.
3. Maintains an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective audiences and how each platform can be used in different scenarios.
4. Leads efforts to increase followers, engagement rates, conversion rates and overall brand awareness on social media accounts.
5. Creates and maintains social media content calendar in conjunction with department staff.
6. Ensures that social media content is consistent with the organization’s strategic plan, brand, voice, tone and messaging. Ensures accuracy, timeliness and appropriate credit for all information and images.
7. Attends partner, organization and community events as assigned to acquire new photos, videos and dynamic content for use on social media and other organization publications and collateral.
8. Collaborates with Director of Communications and Public Relations Manager to identify social media influencers and content creators to partner and engage with.
9. Facilitates and manages relationships with industry organizations, contractors and business partners as they relate to social media.
10. Remains up to date on the latest social media trends appropriate for destination marketing and makes recommendations to social media strategy as a result.
11. Tracks social media metrics and provides reports. Compiles appropriate statistics and contributes to the overall performance measurement goals of the department.
12. Works collaboratively with the Director of Communications on social media advertising campaigns.
13. Contributes to the creation of website blog posts and content as necessary.
14. Maintains a well-informed working knowledge of partner businesses and products offered. 15. Aids in the storage and organization of photographs and video to be used by Explore Fairbanks.
16. Contributes to the planning, execution and follow through of media tours and inquiries as necessary.
17. Assists with additional departmental projects as necessary including, but not limited to, website maintenance, direct email programs and database management.
18. Provides administrative assistance for the department as necessary.
19. Performs other department or organization projects as assigned.
- Must have a college degree in communications, marketing or related field or four or more years of directly related experience.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Excellent communication skills in writing, editing, public speaking, telephone and interpersonal communications.
- Proficiency with PCs including word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Demonstrated ability to take and edit photos and videos to be used for destination marketing. - Experience using mobile- and/or desktop-based graphic and video editing software.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and able to work independently as well as within a group. - Knowledge of Fairbanks, Interior and statewide visitor industry. Work Requirements:
- Work to be performed in office unless on assignment or outside normal working hours. - Work schedule will require some evenings and weekends. - Must be able to work in close quarters. - Professional dress required.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license.
- Must possess and show proof of car insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Explore Fairbanks is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Explore Fairbanks is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disclaimer:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee(s) assigned to this job