Tourism Sales Manager
Title: Tourism Sales Manager
Status: Full Time/exempt
Department: Tourism and Meeting Sales
Date: June 2022 (Revised)
Reports to: Director of Tourism and Meeting Sales
Explore Fairbanks Mission: “To be an economic driver in the Fairbanks region by marketing to potential visitors and optimizing the visitor experience.”
Position Summary: Manages Salesin all Explore Fairbanks marketing programs involving tour operators, travel agents and other travel professionals.
1. Tour operator and travel agent familiarization tour planning, execution, and follow-up.
2. Maintain contact and sales to tour operators and travel agents.
3. Conduct sales calls, presentations, site inspections, and familiarization tours; attend travel trade and consumer travel shows.
4. Maintain and update Explore Fairbanks tour operator and travel agent databases.
5. Contribute to the overall performance measurement goals of the Department.
6. Fulfill inquiries from tour operators and travel agents within two working days.
7. Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the accommodations, activities, attractions, and services that are available for visitors in Fairbanks.
8. Ensure that the Explore Fairbanks’ branding guidelines are incorporated into marketing messages and promotional materials.
9. Assist the Director of Tourism and Meeting Sales in developing and gathering information for Department collateral.
10. Assist Director of Tourism and Meeting Sales with the development of foreign language collateral and advertising.
11. Assist Director of Tourism and Meeting Sales with the development and implementation of domestic and international marketing strategies.
12. Assist Meetings & Conventions Manager with sales and sale blitzes and the Communications Department with press tours as necessary.
13. Perform other Department office duties or Explore Fairbanks projects as assigned.
- College degree or the work experience necessary to accomplish the job duties/responsibilities.
- Two years experience in a sales and marketing position, preferably in the visitor industry.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and have the ability to work independently.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Based Products.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be a team player.
- Good customer service skills and a general knowledge of the visitor industry.
- German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, or Chinese written and oral language skills a plus. Working Requirements:
- Must be available for in-state, domestic, and international travel as well as some evenings and weekends.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Professional dress required.
- Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess a valid passport.
This position is not open to telecommuting or contractors.
Explore Fairbanks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee(s) assigned to this job.