Visitor Information Specialist
Explore Fairbanks Alaska
Full Time/Non-Exempt, Summer Seasonal
Department: Visitor Services Date: January 2022
Reports to: Manager of Visitor Services and Partnership Development, and Director of Visitor Services and Partnership Development
Explore Fairbanks Mission: “To be an economic driver in the Fairbanks region by marketing to potential visitors and optimizing the visitor experience.”
Position Summary: The Visitor Information Specialist assists visitors and works on special projects as needed. We currently have three openings for summer seasonal non-exempt position. For the right candidate, the possibility to morph into 30 hour a week year-round position.
1. Staffs the Explore Fairbanks information kiosks at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center and Pioneer Park.
2. Provides information on Fairbanks and Interior Alaska to potential visitors over the telephone.
3. Assists in mailing information to potential visitors.
4. Assists in day-to-day duties at the Fairbanks Visitor Information Center, including restocking brochures, and other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager of Visitor Services and Partnership Development or the DirectorofVisitor Services and Partnership Development.
5. Participates in familiarization trips to become better acquainted with local attractions, tours, accommodations, restaurants, etc.
6. Works when scheduled including weekends and nights.
7. Assists with special projects as needed.
8. Performs other visitor services duties, accommodates unexpected tasks and one-time projects, and other organization projects as assigned.
9. Assist with updating calendar items and partner listings on www.explorefairbanks.com website.
10. Update PowerPoint slides with current event information for digital displays.
- High School Diploma, GED or the work experience necessary to accomplish the job duties/responsibilities.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and have the ability to work independently.
- Extensive knowledge of PC’s including database software and word processing.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be a team player.
- Good customer service skills and a general knowledge of the visitor industry and Fairbanks’s attractions.
- Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Professional dress combined with Explore Fairbanks uniform required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license, if applicable.
- Must possess and show proof of car insurance, if applicable.
- Must be available to work afternoon/evening shift and weekends during peak season.
Explore Fairbanks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee(s) assigned to this job