Donor Relations OfficerMat-Su Trails and Parks Foundation
The Mat Su Trails and Parks Foundation is seeking a full-time Donor Relations Officer.
The Donor Relations Officer is the fundraising “chief of staff” to the Executive Director and the Board, with overall responsibility for the organization’s fundraising programs. The Donor Relations Officer will build relationships with MSTPF donors, manage direct mail, grow monthly giving, and communicate with the public. Mat-Su Trails and Parks Foundation needs someone who will effectively promote our values and create a philanthropic powerhouse out of a young fundraising program bristling with potential.
- The Donor Relations Officer has overall accountability for developing, coordinating, and implementing the organization’s development program
- Develops an effective development plan in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Development Committee
- Oversees implementation of the development plan and budget to ensure that fundraising goals are being met
- Provides overall development policy and strategic advice to the Executive Director and organization as a whole
- Develop an annual giving pipeline designed to acquire, renew, and upgrade donors.
- Oversees the planning, scheduling, and budgeting of all appeals
- Works closely with the board and ED to cultivate donors
- Manages donor relations including acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, newsletters, special mailings, telephone and in-person contact
- Manages the donor database including ensuring the timely and accurate processing and acknowledgement of all donations
- Leads on all social media activities with collaboration from the ED.
Qualifications and key abilities
- Strong personal commitment to the development of trails and parks
- Minimum of two years’ experience in donor development and/or communications preferred, but we can train and accommodate the right person.
- Working knowledge of donor cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Knowledge of fundraising tools and systems
- Demonstrated track record in the ability to successfully raise funds
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent educational qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Grounded in the latest and greatest online channels to reach our community
- A great sense of humor
- Work primarily in an office environment with a very small team
- May be required to work evenings and weekends during major campaigns and outreach events
- Occasional “field” work outdoors related to trail and park project promotions
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary range is $45 to 50k/year, DOE. This position is exempt
- Mat Su Trails and Parks Foundation offers PTO up to 160 hours a year
- Simple IRA match up to 3% of salary, when eligible
- Ample opportunities for training and professional development