Classification: Non-Exempt Reports to: Communications Manager
About the Foundation
Mat-Su Health Foundation (MSHF) is the official business name of Valley Hospital Association, Inc., which shares ownership in Mat-Su Regional Medical Center. In this capacity, MSHF board members and representatives actively participate in the governance of Mat-Su’s community hospital to protect the community’s interest in this important healthcare institution. The MSHF mission is to improve the health and wellness of Alaskans living in the Mat-Su and the tools it uses include grantmaking, convening of local partners, and policy change. The foundation’s work has resulted in significant improvements in systems that support the health of Mat-Su residents in areas such as behavioral health, child welfare, crisis response, community connections, workforce development, transportation, housing, and senior services.
• The Communications Associate supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values as the foundation of its efforts. These include respect and appreciation for Mat-Su’s community assets: prevention, access, wellness, fairness, collaboration, and leadership. This individual exemplifies health; is team-focused and positive; and consistently demonstrates respect for the Board of Directors, staff, partners, and community. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Associate provides support to the communications team as it creates and implements marketing and communications plans that tell the foundation’s story and raise awareness of its programs among Mat-Su residents.
- Assists in creating written and graphic content for MSHF social media platforms and monitors comments and engagement on MSHF and other public pages.
- Makes updates to the foundation’s website.
- Manages photo archive, identifies gaps, and assists other team members in identifying and deploying available assets.
- Monitors departmental budget, tracks expenses, and submits required reports as needed.
- Assists the communications team in developing and writing compelling content to increase the impact of the foundation’s work.
- Supports implementation of annual communications and marketing plans.
- Manages mailing lists.
- Prepares newsletters, presentations, and reports.
- Travels locally in the community up to 10% of the time. 2
- Ability to build relationships and trust with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to translate complicated technical and/or scholarly information to sector and mainstream audiences using clear, accessible prose.
- Ability to learn quickly and stay flexible and highly organized in a fast-paced environment with competing demands while maintaining integrity of work product.
- Collaborative work style and advanced interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills across a wide variety of mediums.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the use of social media platforms and email marketing.
- Intermediate or higher graphic design skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities in a dynamic work environment.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in marketing, public relations, journalism and/or graphic design.
- Advanced training or associate’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience creating compelling content for traditional, digital and social media.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Work Environment: Employee will be working in a typical office environment with offices, moderate temperature, and equipment noise.
Physical Demands: Employee will be spending considerable time at a desk using a computer terminal and will occasionally be required to use personal vehicle to travel to various locations in the community.
EEO Statement: Mat-Su Health Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer. Pay Range: $20.91 - $23.32 hourly plus full benefits package
Application Deadline: Open until filled; review of applicants begins March 24, 2023