Northwest Inupiat Housing Authority
JOB TITLE: Plumber
OPENING DATE: 09/1/2021
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
SALARY: Depends on Experience
- Journeyman plumber or fitter with a minimum five year’s experience in residential and commercial hydronic heating system installations.
- Wide background in general maintenance of heating and or hot water making systems preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision and ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Must be willing to work in and around homes occupied by homeowner/families.
- Must be willing to travel within region.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- Proof of valid AK Drivers License and be able to be approved by insurance carrier to legally operate NIHA vehicles and or equipment.
- Must comply with NIHA Personnel Policy including NIHA Drug/Alcohol Policy including mandatory pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
Under the direction of the Deputy Director, the duties shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Install Plumbing/Mechanical features in newly constructed buildings.
- Troubleshoot, repair and or replace existing boiler and related piping, fuel oil lines, flue piping and base board heaters in existing Low Rent facilities and or Mutual Help homes.
- Conduct annual tune-ups to various heating and or hot water making systems located in existing Low Rent facilities and or Mutual Help homes.
- Installation of heating and hot water making systems in new residential development projects.
- Assist in the procurement of necessary materials to complete identified repairs and or installations of heating and or hot water making systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director.
The Northwest Inupiat Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Alaska Native Preference Per 24.CFR.1000.48