$Depending on experience, excellent benefits
Our client: Creates opportunities for members, while protecting land and resources. They are seeking an Executive Director with a passion for tribal governance, who wants longevity and can provide accountability and transparency. If you live in and love Cordova and are a communicator with an ability to foster a positive workplace culture, read on!
***Successful candidate will need knowledge of, and reside in Cordova***
Would you like to:
- Work closely with the Traditional Council, committees, boards, and a variety of agencies in implementing programs and projects identified as priorities by the Tribe. Represent the organization in contracts with various governmental agencies, community groups and business, professional and other organizations directly or through staff
- Develop new funding sources, projects and programs
- Oversee fiscal management and regulations through hired staff
- Advise Council on issues and programs
- Plan, organize, coordinate and direct staff through the work of the organization. Work to ensure collaboration between organizational programs and the community
- Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards
- Prepare and recommend long-range plans for Tribal review. Negotiate and enforce the provisions of contracts, leases, and agreements
- Direct the preparations and administration of the annual budget
- Direct the selection, supervision, and the evaluation of staff. Direct employee relations, staff development and grievance procedures
- Direct the development and implementation of management systems, procedures, and standards for program evaluation
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Ideally you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/management, Masters degree in business or public administration or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Tribal Government Management. Masters degree may be substituted for 3 years’ experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with contract negotiations
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and managerial skills in a mutually supportive environment
- Ability to plan, organize, administer, and coordinate a variety of complex services and programs, community and statewide
- Ability to select, motivate and evaluate staff and provide for their training and professional development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to analyze complex technical and administrative problems and challenges, evaluate alternative solutions and adopt effective courses of action
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to effectively and professionally represent the organization, establish, and maintain effective working relationships
- Effective skills in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgement, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives
- MS Office proficiency
PeopleAK is here for you!
Our recruiters have over 50 years of combined experience placing candidates in rewarding roles. This is a free service for job seekers. Contact us today!