Reports to the: Director of Finance
The Finance Assistant is an integral part of the Administration team who supports the organization's accounting functions. This position assists with payments to vendors and grantees, process accounts receivable, and accounting system maintenance. This position is also responsible for administering the matching gifts program. This position works in a high transaction environment with deadlines and must produce high-quality, accurate work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and Accounting
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing basic financial reports
- Monitor the accounting email inbox daily and route or respond to emails as appropriate.
- Review and verify invoices and check requests to ensure proper coding, and sets up payment in bill.com with correct routes for approval.
- Research and resolve problems associated with invoices.
- Review monthly outstanding payments.
- Responsible for collecting W9 from vendors.
- Assist with the annual 1099 forms.
- Assist with annual audit and tax return
- Assist with setting up vendor ACH information in the accounting system.
- Create checks and obtain appropriate signatures.
- Responsible for collecting vendor accounts receivable including monthly PRI repayments.
- Reconcile subledger accounts.
- Review and process employee expense reports and process staff receivables.
- Assist with management of vendor contracts.
Matching Grant Management and Reporting
- Monitor the matching email inbox daily to identify new submissions.
- Enter matching grants in the grant management and accounting systems while adhering to annual budgets.
- Produce quarterly budget reports for the matching gifts program.
- Maintain complete and accurate electronic filing systems.
- As assigned
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, maintain databases, and create accurate reports.
- Proficient in Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and QuickBooks. Experience with BIll.com is also desired.
- Background with non-profit organizations or philanthropy, or demonstrated interest.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with a proactive orientation and professional appearance.
- Must be dependable and professionally represent the Foundation.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, have excellent attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ethical behavior when handling confidential financial information.
UPLOAD COVER LETTER WITH RESUME WHEN APPLYING.