HR Business Consultant
RMI is seeking a professional individual to join our human resources team as an HR Business Consultant to work in our Anchorage office. This is a great opportunity for emerging professionals with some prior HR experience, as it is fast-paced and exciting, working with clients and employees in all aspects of HR and in a variety of industries
Must have a Bachelor's degree and at least two years of practical human resource and benefits experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of both federal and multi-state employment law.
Duties include the following:
• Counsel and assist clients regarding all aspects of employment, including hiring, employee counseling and separations.
• Ensure client compliance with employment law.
• Administrative duties, including managing FMLA, unemployment, worker's compensation, onboarding, drug tests, background checks, and E-Verify.
• Assist employees with benefit-related questions, including health, life, dental and vision insurance plans, HSA, FSA, as well as coordinating open enrollment.
• Write employee handbook policies, job descriptions, job postings and other employment documents.
• Investigate employee grievances and harassment/discrimination claims.
• Conduct training on topics such as sexual harassment and hiring/firing.
To perform the job successfully, proven abilities should include:
• Dependability, accuracy and thoroughness, and innovation.
• Excellent customer service skills, including patience and a desire to provide assistance.
• Able to communicate with and build trust with a wide variety of people, including professional speaking and writing skills.
• Able to work with a variety of insurance carriers, outside vendors, brokers, and other internal departments with an understanding of benefits terminology is preferred.
• Able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills.
• Spanish language skills are a plus.
Competitive pay, excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, and Flexible Savings Account. This is a non-smoking company. Must pass post-offer, pre-employment drug test and background check. This employer participates in the E-verify program.