Ridgeline Construction, LLC
Construction Worker Job Description
Performs the various physical tasks required on a construction site to complete projects on time. These tasks can range from simple to complex, such as cleaning up the site, cutting and installing building material, and demolition of current residential structures. Operate tools like circular saws, mitre saws, drills, impact drills, electric drills, and other equipment.
Construction Workers take care of the hard labor of the project, so they are an essential part of the construction project business. A skilled and dedicated Construction Worker helps ensure that a project proceeds on schedule and on budget.
Reports to: Company Manager and Owners.
- Basic math skills to perform calculations while measuring on job sites
- Physical strength when performing heavy labor that is required from construction workers such as lifting materials
- Physical stamina in order to handle the long hours of performing strenuous work during the day in hot or cold weather
- Perform all duties assigned by the Construction Manager or Foreman
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
- Operates several types of power construction equipment, such as loaders and excavators and maintains equipment.
- Measure and cut lumber to desired specifications
- Unload and carry materials at construction sites
- Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night
- Learn carpentry, and other specialized skills as required by the construction manager
- Follow instructions to ensure safety of entire team
Requirements & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as a construction worker, and experience on a construction crew preferred but not required
- Experience in operating equipment like drills, power saws, and nailers.
- Knowledge of residential construction principles and methods
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to comprehend and read instructions when needed
- Good communication skills
- Excellent balance and eye-hand coordination
- Willingness to learn construction skills on-site
- Ability to complete work on time and on budget with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Able to pass drug and background screening
The salary is $15.00 - $24.00 based on experience. Salary may vary, depending on geographical location, and experience.