Environmental Program CoordinatorUGASHIK TRADITIONAL VILLAGE COUNCIL
IGAP Environmental Coordinator
Ugashik Traditional Village Council
Position Title: Environmental Program Coordinator
Salary Range: Depending on experience per hour/40 hours a week
Term: Permanent-Full time (EPA-IGAP Grant Funded)
This position is primarily located at the Ugashik Traditional Village (UTV) offices in Anchorage, Alaska, with the primary responsibility to develop and manage a tribally based program to address environmental concerns in the village of Ugashik, AK. The position will require periodic travel to the village.
- High School graduate and at least two years of college
- Three years of professional office work experience
- Experience in environmental conservation
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent research/writing and communications skills
- The ability to travel to Ugashik two to three times per year.
- Familiarity with the Bristol Bay area, people and culture
- Ability to work independently and attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
The UTV Environmental Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and delivery of the UTV environmental program. This position reports directly to the UTV Tribal Administrator for all administrative support. The UTV Environmental Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Implementing the EPA-Indian General Assistance Program (IGAP) work plan and budget.
- Prepare bi-annual progress reports for the EPA-IGAP granting agency.
- Develop and manage grant assistance applications for the environmental program.
- Develops proposals for future IGAP funding.
- Provides contract oversight, as needed.
- Attends required IGAP and environmental training as needed.
- Travels to Ugashik as needed for environmental program oversight
- Drafts correspondence (letters, memos, reports), as needed.
- Receives, reads, and routes incoming correspondence and calls to Tribal Administrator and UTV Council Members
- Maintains records of incoming and outgoing correspondence and action documents
- All other work tasks as assigned associated with the environmental program.
Native Preference Under PL 93-638
Preference may be given on submission of certification with employment application.